Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Did you Join the Earth Hour??

At exactly 8:30 pm March 21, 2009 Penguin Gallery decided to pull the plug and joined the rest of the planet in celebrating Earth Hour... Too bad I had forgotten my camera to show any proof. But sad to say I noticed as I walk around the Remedios circle in Malate ours was one of the very few establishment, including the Havana and Cafe Adriatico who decided to join the exercise.

The rest of Remedios circle's establishment including the circle itself was well lighted and continued using lights and electricity. Oh well...

Really not sure if the Barangay Captaing or whoever captain there is (Captain America or Captain Barbell) is aware. I also noticed that most of the not so affluent neighborhood around had their lights on, together with the rest of the restaurants and bars, which is mostly Korean.

1 comment:

My Mother Named Me Aisha said...

I did not :-) but that night, i went to my friend's place... no light. just candles... then...i realized the event i missed cuz i didnt watched/read news. i suck!